A rectangular box with rounded corners. Hinged lid with a low rectangular protrusion. On the front surface of the box is a keyhole. On the inner surface of the hinged lid there is a stamp: “N. and V.V. Makarov in Slobodsky “, reprints of awards:
1. The All-Russian Manufacturing Exhibition of 1865 with the inscription “For Nikolai and Vasily Makarov “For industriousness and art” with a profile image of Alexander II, the Russian emperor and monarch
2. The All-Russian Manufacturing Exhibition of 1870? with the inscription “to Nikolai and Vasily Makarov” with the image of the profile of Alexander II, the Russian emperor and autocrat
3. The Imperial Society of Natural History Lovers at Moscow University in 1863.
4. Moscow Polytechnic Exhibition of 1872
5. The All-Russian Exhibition of 1882 with the image of the profile of Alexander III, the Russian emperor and monarch
Inside the box there are three removable rectangular boxes, two of which with hinged lids, one with a removable, rectangular shaped, with a wooden grip in the shape of a mushroom.